Shirley Rose-Gilliam, Ed.D.
Proven Advocate for the Education of All Children
"Believe in the Possibilities!"
Early voting October 13 ~30, 2020
Election Day November 3, 2020
Click below for voting locations
Why I decided to run:
First and foremost, I care about the education of all children. I am seeking this position to make a positive difference in how we educate the children in FBISD. There are perceived differences between schools on the east and west sides of the district. I will work to ensure all schools in the district provide a quality education for the students we serve. I want the students at every school to boastfully say “I graduated from ….” I want parents to be confident that the school they are zoned to is a GREAT school. I want teachers to also be proud of where they work. I am a student advocate and I will be the board member who will always raise the question “Is this best for students?” before we cast a vote.
Who am I?
I am a long-time Fort Bend resident, a 32-year veteran educator and an administrator with a proven track record for turning around struggling schools. I have witnessed the uphill battle that some schools face. I clearly understand the support needed for parents, teachers, and administrators. I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from the University of Houston and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Texas A&M University. For 25-years, I serviced Fort Bend ISD as a teacher and administrator. I am a practitioner who understands how policy matters and how it allows educators to do what is best for students. I am eager to team with the present board in order to do the work necessary for continuous improvement. Each individual trustee on the board brings a different experience or viewpoint, my viewpoint includes classroom instruction and knowledge of daily campus life. I believe we all plant seeds in order to help a community grow. Fort Bend is a community where I live and have raised both of my children. FBISD is a positive experience in my life and I plan to give back as a servant for the District.
The Right Experience for the Fort Bend ISD School Board
- Retired educator, Owner and Founder of Believe in the Possibilities, Educational Consultants.
- Service to Fort Bend ISD - 25 years, Houston ISD-5 years and
- Region IV and FBISD Secondary Principal of the Year, 2005
- Teacher of the Year Secondary Finalist 1998
- Doctorate of Education, Texas A&M University
- Community service through various youth sports associations
- Expertise in Organizational Culture and Climate
- Professional Development for Educational Leadership - Local, State, National Level
- Experience with educational policy and programming to boost academic excellence
- Proud resident of Fort Bend since 1986
- Proven Advocate for the Education of All Children
- Happily married to Kevin Gilliam with 3 children educated in FBISD
- Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Active member of The Fort Bend Church
- One of six children to attend and graduate from college
Paid for and authorized by Shirley Rose Gilliam for FBISD School Board Position 4; 3011 Bonney Briar Drive, Missouri City, TX 77459
NewsSaturday, April 1, 2017 6:09 PM
We are so excited to announce Dr. Shirley Rose-Gilliam as a candidate for the Fort Bend ISD School Board, Position 4!